Few decisions are as important—and potentially life-changing—as choosing a school for your children.
The Poulsbo Adventist School exists to show children Jesus, nurture their love for Him and others, teach them to think, and empower them to serve. Here's more on our beliefs.
The Poulsbo Adventist School is operated by the Seventh-day Adventist Church to provide a spiritually oriented education for children. A belief in the existence of the Creator God is fundamental in the philosophy of Seventh-day Adventist schools. We respect His divine authority and recognize His intervention in human affairs. We believe that true education develops the spiritual, mental, and physical powers of each student; preparing them for the joy of service in this life and for the higher joy of service in the life to come. To achieve this goal, we encourage each student to:
- develop a personal relationship with God and his fellow men as stated in Matthew 2:37-39
- master the basic academic skills
- value labor, physical and mental, as the blessing God intended
- cultivate physical fitness, mental ability, and moral purity as the blessing God intended.
We are committed to:
- The Bible – Following and teaching the Bible.
- Prayer – Praying for our school and students.
- Curiosity – Encouraging curiosity, creativity, adventure and individuality in our students.
- Integrity – Modeling and teaching integrity and honesty.
- Academic Excellence – Helping each student reach his/her academic potential.
- Respect – Teaching and modeling respect for others and their rights and ideas.
- Service – Training our students for service in their relationships, community, and work.
- Health – Inspiring whole person health with care for the emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual, and physical.
- Safety – Creating a safe environment for learning while taking seriously the threats of bullying, violence, and shaming.
The Poulsbo Adventist School is operated in harmony with the guidance and direction of the Office of Education, North American Division of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.